Menu is not just a piece of paper that provides information about the items available in your restaurant but also an efficient marketing tool if designed intelligently. When you design a menu, you should give equal importance to menu covers too. It is the menu cover that a customer sees for the first time upon entering your restaurant and sitting at the table. It can create a better first impression if designed properly.
Now, coming back to menu, you should consider the following points while designing a menu.
1. You should use pleasant colors as background color. It should not be too dark or too bright.
2. Use fonts that are easily readable without strain.
3. Categorize and subcategorize the food items you serve in your restaurant so that navigation will be easy
4. Most profitable items and special items, which you would like to promote should be displayed in prominent places. It is better to display such items on the right side top corner.
5. Images speak louder than a hundred word text. Use attractive and depictive images to give a clear idea about the item to the customer.
6. Keep the design of the menu and the cafe menu covers in tune with the interior of the restaurant and the theme.
7. You should take extra care while selecting the cafe menu cover for your restaurant. It should be robust enough to protect the menu from damages due to rough handling.
8. It is better to use water resistant material for the cafe menu covers as it can protect the menu from the damages caused by water and other liquids. At the same time they can be cleaned and
kept fresh for a longer period.
9. Price is also a factor. You cannot afford leather menu covers or other costly ones if you are running a casual restaurant. It is better to approach cafe menu covers wholesale dealers so that you will get it for a cheaper price. This cover can be customized by printing the name of your restaurant and its logo.
As mentioned at the beginning of the article, menu and menu covers can be used as effective marketing tools if designed properly. It is always better to take the help of a professional designer to get the work done. The amount you are investing on a professional designer will not go in vain as it will yield results in the future.