More than a clerk in the enquiry bench, a menu card is a sales executive for your restaurant. It along with the quality of food has a significant role in attracting customers to your restaurant and keeping them loyal for a longer period. It is the only printed advertisement which hundred percent customers come across. Hence, it should be informative, attractive and at the same time it should represent the real atmosphere of the restaurant.
Half of your customers will be coming to your restaurant when they are hungry and may not have much time to go through the menu in detail. Moreover, a recent studies revealed that the average time spend by customers in reading menu is just 190 seconds. Hence the menu should be comprehensive and present everything in nutshell.
Now you must have understood the importance of restaurant menu and the amount of care to be taken while printing restaurant menu card. Here are a few more points that underlines the importance of menu card printing.
- Restaurant Menu is the real business card of your restaurant. It should convey the style of your restaurant and nature. For example, for a sleek and modern restaurant, simple menu cards with friendly colors will perform the function, at the same time for an elegant one you should go with more designs
- Restaurant Menu cards will talk louder about the products. Hence, a lot of care should be taken while printing restaurant menu cards. The items should be divided into divisions and subdivisions so that the navigation will be easier for the customer. The language should be simple to understand well and images can be added to give a clearer picture about each food item.
- Restaurant Menu Cards can guide your customers. When you run a restaurant, you can not run it with just one or two varieties of food as you have to satisfy the customers with different tastes. When you keep varieties of food, everything should be sold out at least in a minimum quantity. Here the menu card will help you and you should print menu card accordingly.
- Restaurant Menu Cards help customers to arrive on a final decision and thus can save the manpower and time. You should make it sure that the a very short description is accompanied the names of each rare food items. It will help the customer to understand the item well.
When menu cards are performing many functions, you cannot ignore them. You should take extra care while designing and printing menu cards. Here are a few points you should take care.
- Texts should be in plain background to enhance readability.
- Items should be divided into categories and subcategories for easy navigation.
- Font size should be large enough for easy reading by senior citizens.
- Costly items and cheap items should be mixed in menu
- Always keep the poorly sold items immediate to the fast moving ones.
- Add clear images to depict each item clearly. An image can talk louder than a text.
When you take extra care in designing and printing menu card for your restaurant, you should take enough care in designing menu cover also. It is the cover that provides the first impression in the minds of your customers and it should be the best one to enjoy a large customer base. Even the quality of paper, printing etc are also be taken care of.
Promotion is necessary for the development of any business and in hotel sector menu cards have a large role to play in business promotion. Hence, strengthen your sales executive to play the role effectively.